1. Affluent Database
- Check the Affluent database is the email correct? When was the last one sent? The daily_email column should have the number that reflects the date e.g. if today is the 15th, it should say '15'.
SELECT * FROM affluent_dev.affluent_user where username = 'NAME@EMAIL.COM';
- Check Mailgun for the specific email address, are the emails showing as 'delivered'?
- If yes, proceed to User Error.
- If not, continue in MailGun.
- Check https://app.mailgun.com/app/sending/domains/affluent.io/suppressions/bounces to see if the user's email has been blocked for some reason. Once an email is flagged by MailGun as an unverified account, even if the emails are being triggered (i.e. show as if they are sending in the database), MailGun won't send them.
- If the user is suppressed, select the user and then click the 'Remove Selected' button.
- Once a users email has been un-suppressed, the next daily email should send and be delivered as expected.
- If the user is impatience, ask Yon to trigger the daily email to resend for that specific user.
3. User Error
- Are they checking the correct email account? Have the emails gone to SPAM?
- If everything looks good, send an email from your personal email to the email account that should be receiving the emails to check for bouncebacks.
- If you get a bounceback it could be due to a google group email that isn't set up to receive emails from non-member emails. This often happens with new emails.
- Check with the user whether or not the email is a Google Group. If yes, have them adjust the settings to receive emails from external senders.